PowerEarth Technologies are highly experienced in the field of AC interference analysis and pipeline touch voltage mitigation. PowerEarth’s engineering team which has been expertly trained in the use of CDEGS engineering software takes a hands-on approach to all AC Interference / LFI studies.
A typical PowerEarth AC Interference / LFI study involves:
- Site visit and detailed hazard assessment
- High accuracy soil resistivity testing along the pipeline route
- Mapping of all feeders and pipelines in 3D CAD
- Running earth fault simulations using the latest CDEGS engineering software to compute inductive and conductive coupling
- Using CDEGS simulation to compute the steady state induced voltages to determine the likelihood of AC corrosion
- Supplying cost effective earthing system designs to mitigate the identified hazards by following the hierarchy of controls to demonstrate due diligence and satisfy the clients legal and safety requirements.
- Pipeline lightning protection and insulation coordination
- Providing safe work procedures to ensure safety during construction
PowerEarth’s AC Interference / LFI studies play an important role in the safety management plans across many industries including private industry, the mining sector, railway utilities, water, gas and power utilities.